Sheri Griffin, Co-Executive Director of Farm Fresh Rhode Island, will be keynote speaker at the Northeast Organic Farming Association of RI (NOFA/RI) Winter Conference.
Date and Time: Sunday March 8, 8:30am–4:30pm
Location: Audubon Nature Center, 1401 Hope St. Bristol, RI 02809
Cost: $35–65 (Membership and group discounts, and scholarships available.)
Join us for NOFA/RI’s 7th annual Winter Conference! The full-day event boasts workshops in sustainable and organic farm, garden and food topics and has something for everyone.
NOFA/RI is thrilled to welcome Sheri Griffin, Co-Executive Director of Farm Fresh Rhode Island. Starting as a volunteer for Farm Fresh Rhode Island in 2005, Sheri Griffin became the Program Director in 2007, then Co-Executive Director in 2013, and has been there over the years as Farm Fresh Rhode Island has worked to grow and strengthen our local food system and has continued to evolve to better serve our communities.
The NOFA/RI Annual Winter Conference is a full day of connecting with the Rhode Island organic food and farming community with educational workshops, exhibitors, and networking over a potluck lunch. Workshop topics on:
- How to start a Farmer’s Market
- What Farm Model is Right For You?
- Optimal Insect Control
- From Backyard to Farm Scale
- Developing Soil Health
- Grafting Tomatoes
Whether you’re a farmer, gardener, home grower, or eater, there’s something at the conference for you! LEARN MORE & REGISTER NOW
Conference presenters include:
- Camille Abdel-Nabi, Little River Farm
- Eva Agudelo, Hope’s Harvest
- Alby Brandon, Brandon Family Farm
- Christina Dedora, Blue Skys Farm and Sanctuary Herbs or Providence
- Sebastian Interlandi, Southside Community Land Trust and NOFA/RI
- Skip Paul, Wishing Stone Farm
- Andy Radin, University of Rhode Island
- Mike Roberts, Roots Farm and more!
Join in our Potluck lunch! From casseroles to chips, salads to soups, anything goes. Zero-Waste Event. Learn more at nofari.org.