LOCAL FOOD FEST
A celebration of the farms and food of New England at the stunning Castle Hill Inn
Join us for a one-of-a-kind evening celebrating local growers and food producers — featuring dozens of local farms paired with chefs from some of the top restaurants around. Meet these local food stars, watch live dish preparation, and enjoy their delicious creations along with local wine, beer, signature cocktails, live music, and the beautiful water-view setting of Castle Hill Inn's Chalet Patio and Lawn overlooking the Newport Bridge spanning Narragansett Bay.
- Preview Tickets, 4-8pm — Doors open at 4pm. You'll experience our special preview hour, including passed champagne, raw bar, and extra time to connect with farmers and chefs. You'll also have early access to the main event.
- Main Event Tickets, 5-8pm — Doors open at 5pm (no earlier please). You'll have loads of time to enjoy local food, wine, beer, signature cocktails, live music, and the beautiful setting.
Thank you for your support!
The Local Food Fest is our most beloved event of the year, and an important benefit for our nonprofit organization. The last time we were able to hold it was August 2019. We are excited to be back with you at Castle Hill this summer!
Children under age 12 are welcome to attend at no cost.
Restaurant & Farm/Producer Pairings
Thank you the dream teams of local restaurants and farmers/producers who will be donating their time and products to feed us fresh, unique dishes at Local Food Fest 2022!
We are grateful to these local brewers, vintners, roasters, farmers, and producers for donating their time and delicious products for us to drink at Local Food Fest 2022:
A Benefit for Farm Fresh Rhode Island
This event is a fundraiser for Farm Fresh Rhode Island, a nonprofit organization that's been growing the local food system since 2004. The proceeds of your ticket purchase will be put right to work for our local food system. Event guests are also invited to support our work through the fabulous silent auction and raffles offered during the event.
Thank you to these generous local businesses for donating exciting items to our silent auction and raffles!
Local Food Fest would not be possible without the generosity of Castle Hill Inn and Newport Restaurant Group. We are extremely grateful to the amazing chefs, growers, and producers who donate their time and products to make this event a success. Our Local Food Fest Committee and Volunteers are instrumental in hosting an event of this size: Thank you!
About Farm Fresh Rhode Island
- This past year, the COVID pandemic has continued to reveal flaws in the global food system that we have addressed on a local level — resulting in a reliable local supply chain and stronger overall local food economy.
- In 2021, we were proud to support 185 local small and medium sized farmers and food producers by providing crucial marketplaces and distribution systems for selling their products — and offering essential food access points, doubling federal food benefits, and aiding in hunger relief efforts to increase access to fresh food in our community. We sourced and delivered $244,319 in local food to hunger relief agencies in RI last year.
- Through community events, Farm to School programming, recipe development and local food tastings, we educate the community about the important role fresh food plays in a healthy lifestyle. We delivered educational workshops at 122 local schools and community sites last year.
- The most cost-effective way to preserve our region's farmland is to keep farmers farming. Our marketplaces and wholesale services for local growers and food makers work to do just that. SNAP shoppers bought 54% more food from local farms at RI farmers markets in 2021.
- By stimulating connections between farmers and eaters, we are also helping the local economy thrive — creating new jobs and opportunities in the food and agriculture sectors. We sold $3,961,804 in food on behalf of local farmers and producers last year through our Market Mobile program.