Farm Fresh Rhode Island’s work environment is fast-paced and collaborative. We value creative thinking, approach our work with energetic spirit, and strive to have fun together while we’re at it!
FOOD SYSTEM ENTERPRISE ASSOCIATE
This Part-Time Position Reports to the Market Mobile Manager
Farm Fresh Rhode Island is a dynamic nonprofit organization working to grow a regional food system for the nation’s smallest state and our neighbors in New England. We understand through a decade of experience that a local food system relies on strong connections between farmers and eaters. Our work supports the livelihoods of hundreds of farmers and food producers and connects tens of thousands of people to locally grown food each year. This position would support both the Market Mobile and Veggie Box programs.
Summary of the Position
The Food System Enterprise (FSE) Associate is a part-time hourly position. The FSE Associate reports to the Market Mobile Manager, and works closely with the other FSE staff. The FSE Associate will play a key role in FSE programs through administrative support, customer service, outreach, sales and communications support. This position will work closely with other members of the FSE team to help maintain the quality of our Market Mobile and Veggie Box programs to meet the needs of customers and farmers engaged in Farm Fresh RI’s FSE programs and to provide support to other staff members.
Hours & Compensation
- Part-time (20 hours/week)
- Year round
- Support administrative tasks across the team
- Assist with outreach and sales to new and existing customers
- Provide responsive and timely customer service
- Help maintain positive relationships with customers through clear and consistent communications
Education, Knowledge, Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills (patience, respect, transparency)
- Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong project management and attention to detail
- Problem solving
- Please send cover letter and resume to Jesse Rye at email@example.com
- Application deadline: April 30, 2018
- No phone calls or drop-ins please
Farm Fresh Rhode Island is committed to the principles of equal opportunity employment. We encourage enquiries from candidates who will enrich and contribute to the cultural and ethnic diversity of our organization. Farm Fresh RI does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin or disability status in employment or programming.
2018 SUMMER FARMERS MARKET WELCOME TABLE MANAGERS
Since 2004, Farm Fresh Rhode Island has been dedicated to providing affordable markets selling local, fresh foods in low-income neighborhoods. We value increasing healthy food access while at the same time maintaining fair prices to farmers and transparency around local food systems. All markets managed by Farm Fresh Rhode Island accept and encourage the use of federal food assistance programs.
Job Function/Purpose of Role
Farm Fresh Rhode Island is seeking a committed and reliable team-player to join our community access team as a Welcome Table Manager. We are looking for dedicated team members who will assist in managing the Fresh Bucks table at the following Farmers Markets for the full 2018 Outdoor season:
Providence Neutaconkanut Park Market
- Mondays July 2 – Oct 29
- Working hours 1:30 – 6:45pm
Providence Broad Street Market
- Saturdays June 17 – Oct 27
- Working hours 7:00am – 12:45pm
Providence Hope Street Market
- Saturdays May 5 – Oct 27
- Working hours 7:45am – 2:00pm
Central Falls Market
- Tuesdays July 11 – Oct 31
- Working hours 1:30 – 6:30pm
Slater Park Market
- Sundays July 9 – Oct 28
- Working hours 10:45am – 4:00pm
Farm Fresh RI staff will train the hired workers on tasks necessary to be a part of the Summer Market Team. We seek someone who is detail oriented, responsible and passionate about contributing to increasing access to healthy food in Providence. Applicants must commit to fulfilling the entire market season and provide their own transportation of market equipment to and from market sites and the Farm Fresh office, staff will be reimbursed for mileage.
- Part-time, seasonal positions (7-24 hours a week depending on availability and interest)
- Most markets run July-October- additional hours will be required for training and season debriefs.
- Potential for additional hours to assist with market outreach and events.
- Provide transportation for market equipment from Pawtucket office to market site
- Set up and break down market tent and table, ability to lift up to 50 Lb.
- Assist with vendor set up as needed.
- Enforce market rules and regulations with all vendors and customers
- Run card machine for credit card and EBT customers and distribute Fresh Bucks tokens for transactions
- Keep record of transactions and balance the market sheet at end of market
- Collect tokens from vendors at end of market and write receipts
- Maintain positive equitable relations with all market vendors and customers
- Work with market volunteers and interns when necessary
Education, Knowledge, Experience Required
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Multi-lingual proficiency preferred but not required (Spanish speaking required for Neutaconkanut Park and Central Falls locations)
- Interest in nutrition, public health, and environmental issues preferred
- Interpersonal skills, sociable personality
- Basic math & accounting
- Detail oriented
- Starting $13- $15/hr
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application deadline: May 4, 2018
Farm Fresh Rhode Island is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment for all employees. We encourage enquiries from candidates who will enrich and contribute to the cultural and ethnic diversity of our organization. Farm Fresh RI does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, or disability status in employment or programming.