Farm Fresh Rhode Island’s work environment is fast-paced and collaborative. We value creative thinking, approach our work with energetic spirit, and strive to have fun together while we’re at it!
2018 SUMMER FARMERS MARKET WELCOME TABLE MANAGERS
Since 2004, Farm Fresh Rhode Island has been dedicated to providing affordable markets selling local, fresh foods in low-income neighborhoods. We value increasing healthy food access while at the same time maintaining fair prices to farmers and transparency around local food systems. All markets managed by Farm Fresh Rhode Island accept and encourage the use of federal food assistance programs.
Job Function/Purpose of Role
Farm Fresh Rhode Island is seeking a committed and reliable team-player to join our community access team as a Welcome Table Manager. We are looking for dedicated team members who will assist in managing the Fresh Bucks table at the following Farmers Markets for the full 2018 Outdoor season:
Providence Neutaconkanut Park Market
- Mondays July 2 – Oct 29
- Working hours 1:30 – 6:45pm
Providence Broad Street Market
- Saturdays June 17 – Oct 27
- Working hours 7:00am – 12:45pm
Central Falls Market
- Wednesdays July 11 – Oct 31
- Working hours 1:30 – 6:30pm
Slater Park Market
- Sundays July 9 – Oct 28
- Working hours 10:45am – 4:00pm
Farm Fresh RI staff will train the hired workers on tasks necessary to be a part of the Summer Market Team. We seek someone who is detail oriented, responsible and passionate about contributing to increasing access to healthy food in Providence. Applicants must commit to fulfilling the entire market season and provide their own transportation of market equipment to and from market sites and the Farm Fresh office, staff will be reimbursed for mileage.
- Part-time, seasonal positions (7-24 hours a week depending on availability and interest)
- Most markets run July-October- additional hours will be required for training and season debriefs.
- Potential for additional hours to assist with market outreach and events.
- Provide transportation for market equipment from Pawtucket office to market site
- Set up and break down market tent and table, ability to lift up to 50 Lb.
- Assist with vendor set up as needed.
- Enforce market rules and regulations with all vendors and customers
- Run card machine for credit card and EBT customers and distribute Fresh Bucks tokens for transactions
- Keep record of transactions and balance the market sheet at end of market
- Collect tokens from vendors at end of market and write receipts
- Maintain positive equitable relations with all market vendors and customers
- Work with market volunteers and interns when necessary
Education, Knowledge, Experience Required
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Multi-lingual proficiency preferred but not required (Spanish speaking required for Neutaconkanut Park and Central Falls locations)
- Interest in nutrition, public health, and environmental issues preferred
- Interpersonal skills, sociable personality
- Basic math & accounting
- Detail oriented
- Starting $13- $15/hr
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application deadline: May 25, 2018
Farm Fresh Rhode Island is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment for all employees. We encourage enquiries from candidates who will enrich and contribute to the cultural and ethnic diversity of our organization. Farm Fresh RI does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, or disability status in employment or programming.