Are you an artist in the Northeast region?
We may have a project for you!
For over a decade, Farm Fresh RI has worked with local artists to develop seasonal (wintertime & summertime) poster designs used to spread the word about the farmers markets we operate. The design is also used on promotional flyers, as well as sold at farmers markets as prints and/or on tote bags — with proceeds invested back in our nonprofit organization.
We are now in the planning process for the upcoming summertime farmers market season, and are looking for a local artist to work with on our 2018 design!
This project requires a quick turn-around. Please note these important deadlines before applying.
- Deadline to apply: Tuesday, February 27
- Selected artist notified: Friday, March 2
- Draft due for review: Friday, March 16
- Final deliverable due: Friday, March 30
- The deliverable for this project is the artwork/illustration to be featured on the poster (not the typography or creating the print-ready poster file).
- The artwork must be delivered as a high resolution file, and must fit within our 12″ x 18″ poster template (with room for typography). More on this will be provided.
- Though the design does not need to literally depict a farmers market, it should be something that entices customer interest and conveys general concepts of: fresh, local, tasty, diverse, community, urban/park setting. Successful designs in the past have focused around seasonally appropriate food, farm animals, children and families. (Examples of some past designs below; these are just for reference, we welcome new styles!)
- We can offer a flat $500 rate for this project. (Will require a completed W9 form, which we can provide.)
- The final design can include a small credit line for you.
- Introduce yourself, and let us know your idea for this design! (No spec work requested, but rough sketches of ideas are appreciated.)
- If you can share some relevant samples of your past work, we’d love to see them. This will help us determine the best fit for this project.
- Be sure to include your full name and the best way to reach you for followup.
How to Apply
Some Examples of Our Previous Poster Art