Farm Fresh RI will operate eight outdoor farmers markets this summer! Our markets are primarily located in neighborhoods with limited access to fresh food. We are looking for a local artist who will create a new design (or repurpose an applicable existing one) for use on our website and social media, on printed materials for promotional use, and on posters that are sold at our farmers markets, with proceeds supporting our nonprofit organization.
Your design should reflect the fact that most of our farmers markets are at urban sites, while also communicating the appeal of the fresh, local foods you will find there. The design should embody the following core concepts about why shopping at farmers markets is important — and must literally incorporate these phrases within or around the design in some way. (as shown in example at top of page)
Spend your dollars locally
Connect with community
Eat fresh and nutritious
This project requires a fast turn-around. Please note these important deadlines before applying:
- Deadline to apply: Friday, March 13
- Selected artist notified: Wednesday, March 18
- Drafts/Reviews with Farm Fresh (2-3 max): March 18–April 3
- Final deliverable due: Friday, April 3
- The deliverable for this project is the artwork/illustration to be featured on the poster (not creating the print-ready poster file. We will add all the “fine print” about each market location, etc.).
- The artwork must be delivered as a high resolution file, and must fit within our 12″ x 18″ poster template (with room for typography). More on this will be provided to the selected artist.
- We can offer a flat $400 rate for this project. (Will require a completed W9 form, which we can provide.)
- The final design can include a small credit line for you, and we will be happy to tag you/link to you when we use the design on our website and social media.
- Please provide a quick sketch of your idea and a work sample or two. OR if you think something you’ve already created might work (with some tweaks to add the core concepts typography), send that! (We aren’t asking you for spec work, but rough sketches and samples are appreciated given the turn-around time for this project.)
- If you can share some relevant samples of your past work, we’d love to see them. This will help us determine the best fit for this project.
- Be sure to include your full name and the best way to reach you for followup.
How to Apply
Some Examples of Our Previous Poster Art