Our fifth annual Dairy Contest in partnership with New England Dairy! is now open for classroom or home submissions! Any Rhode Islander between the ages of five and thirteen is welcome to enter and celebrate local dairy products and the local farmers that make them! Dairy farmers are behind the scenes in these tough times, working overtime to make and deliver milk, cheese, yogurt and other products to school meal sites and grocery stores so that our families can be nourished. Let’s let them know we see them and are grateful for their hard work! We invite you to learn about dairy in the Ocean State and share your thanks by either:
Designing a milk carton
Creating a thank you card and sending it to a dairy farm in our state
Which option you choose is up to you! We just want to see you express what you have learned about the role of milk and dairy products, and the dedicated farmers who create these goods! Want to design a milk carton? Print out this Milk Carton Template, also below, and decorate it with your thanks for all things dairy. Want to thank a farmer personally? Design a card to show your gratitude send it along to one of the dairy farms below. Please send a photo of your entry to email@example.com by April 30, 2020. See the full contest details below.
Great Resources about Dairy Farming & Products
Ready to start? Check out these great resources from New England Dairy.
- Learn about RI’s Dairy Farming Families (Be sure to select our state on the map.)
- Explore the journey milk takes to end up in our glass.
- Read through these fun dairy facts!
- Find out about dairy in Rhode Island.
- Test your Rhode Island Moo I.Q.!
Dairy Farms in Rhode Island
- Arruda’s Dairy: 408 Stafford Road, Tiverton, RI 02878
- Breene Hollow Farm:21 Victory Highway, West Greenwich, RI 02817
- Dabren Jerseys: 45 Tomaquag Road, Bradford, RI 02808
- Elmrock Farm:34 Kenyon Lane, Ashaway, RI 02804
- Emma Acres: 143 Ten Rod Road, Exeter, RI 02822
- Escobar’s Highland Far: 133 Middle Road, Portsmouth, RI 02871
- Meadowburg Farm: 25 Carolina Nooseneck Road, Wyoming, RI 02898
- Moniz Diary Farm: 454 Stafford Road, Tiverton, RI 02878
- Simmons Farm: 1942 West Main Road, Middletown, RI 02842
- Sweet and Salty Farm: 50 Shaw Road, Little Compton, RI 02837
- Wright’s Dairy Farm: 200 Woonsocket Hill Road, North Smithfield, RI 02896