The Winter Market in Pawtucket is open 9am–1pm every Saturday until April 25, 2020. The Market is located inside the Hope Artiste Village building, 1005 Main Street, Pawtucket (click for map).
The Winter Market in Pawtucket is open Saturday. We will hold the Market for as long as we can, while continuing to observe all government and health recommendations about social distancing. We have gotten official support for this decision from the RI DEM, and stay in close contact with the RI DOH. The market is an essential grocery shopping access point, and will be treated as such, as are markets across the country.
- The market will run normal hours, 9am-1pm.
- Please do your essential shopping and head out, keeping social distance and avoiding congregating at the market. Do not visit the market if you are sick.
- Please only handle items you intend to purchase.
- We expect about half the regular number of vendors in attendance this week. See below for vendor confirmations and pre-order info!
- We will likely make some revisions to the layout to optimize distance between vendors. We appreciate your help in spacing out any lines that may form.
- If you are interested in having local food delivered to your home, please be sure to read about Market Mobile below.
What Vendors Are Doing
- Some vendors are offering pre-order forms online. Check your farmers’ and food makers’ websites and social media to see what they may be offering.
- Some vendors may have pre-packaged bulk items for quick access, to avoid having bins of unpackaged items.
- There will continue to be no sampling of any kind, and any prepared foods will be packaged for take-out.
What We Are Doing
- We will keep most doors propped open during the duration of the market to minimize door-handle touching.
- Our staff will sanitize door handles and other surfaces frequently — including wiping down card machines after every transaction.
- We will monitor customer distancing as best we can, and appreciate your help with this.
- Farmers and food makers have been working overtime to keep our community fed and healthy. We appreciate you continuing to choose local food whenever possible.
Farmers Market Delivered to You.
We’ve invited the community to use our Market Mobile wholesale service to get fresh food from local farms delivered right to your home.
In this unprecedented time we are seeing an immediate need from the farming community to find outlets for the food that is being grown — as well as from you, our community, to have a safe way to purchase local food.
This week’s delivery cycle: Order all day Thursday (3/19) through Friday (3/20) at Noon for a Tuesday (3/24) delivery.
For more information about how Market Mobile works, and to sign up, visit: farmfreshri.org/homedelivery
During this global crisis, we can’t express enough how thankful we are to our wonderful community for continuing to support local farmers and food makers.
As restaurants, schools, and other businesses have been forced to curtail their local food purchasing for now, we have seen a groundswell of support from both individuals and local grocers and retailers continuing to order from local farmers and food makers through our Market Mobile platform and other means. Thank you for your dedication to our local food system!
– The Farm Fresh RI Team
During this uncertain time, we anticipate about half of our regular number of vendors at the market. Some vendors are offering pre-ordering for quicker in/out on Saturday. See below for the confirmed attendees we know about to date. And follow the links for each vendor to check on pre-ordering availability and to learn about other ways to support your local growers and food makers!
Please note: The info for each vendor may not be comprehensive or may have changed, so please reach out to them directly with any questions!
Confirmed for Saturday, March 21
These vendors are planning to be at the market this weekend. This information is as of 3/19 and is subject to change.
- Allen Farms
- Aquidneck Farms
- Baffoni’s Poultry Farm
- Barden Family Orchard
- May be accepting pre-orders, call 401-934-1413 to confirm.
- Barrett’s Garden
- Bellicchi’s Best Biscotti
- Bomster Scallops / Triton Seafood RI
- Butter Cuisine
- CHI Kitchen>
- Deep Roots Farm
- Deke’s Bagels
- Whole bagels only, no cream cheese.
- DELIcious Deli
- Four Town Farm
- Freedom Food Farm
- GC farms
- Great Harvest Bread Company
- Harmony Hill Farm
- Harvest Kitchen
- Pre-order online: hg80food.com/order-online.
- Offering “Pay What You Can” for people who are struggling financially (walk-up customers only), as well as “Pay It Forward” for people who want to buy food for someone else. Thank you Josh!
- Hopkins Southdowns
- Ja Patty
- Email email@example.com to pre-order. Take out only.
- June Love’s English Bakery
- Langwater Farm
- May be accepting pre-orders. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm.
- Lara’s Cuisine
- The Local Catch
- May be accepting pre-orders. Check facebook.com/TheLocalCatch
- Lost Art Cultured Foods
- Luluna Kombucha
- Martinelli’s Farm and Charcuterie
- Meadow Stone Farm
- Moonstone Mushrooms
- New Harvest Coffee Roasters
- Beans and cans only. Call 401-438-1999 for bean pre-orders by 1:00pm Friday 3/20.
- Pat’s Pastured
- Pickily Foods
- Rhode Island Shellfish Co.
- Silk Tree Farm
- Simmons Farm
- Skydog Farm and Kitchen
Our Other Vendors
These vendors — who were on the schedule this week — will likely not be at the market. Please check in with them directly to confirm, and to learn other ways you may be able to order from and/or support them.
- Backyard Food Co.
- Beautiful Day
- Beth Bakes
- Blue Skys Farm
- Blush Bakeshop
- The Coffee Guy
- La Creperie
- DaSilva Farm
- Earth Essence Herbals
- Fairland Farm
- Farmacy Herbs
- Flying Carrot Farm
- Fully Rooted
- Jack’s Snacks
- Just Like Nana’s
- Kane’s Kitchen
- Knead Doughnuts
- Matunuck Oyster Farm
- Moonlight Rose Alpacas
- Narragansett Creamery
- Ocean State Pepper Company
- Poor Boy Sharpening
- Provencal Bakery
- Red’s Street Kitchen & Catering
- Rhed’s Hot Sauce
- Rhode Island Spa Products
- RI Mushroom Company
- Rocket Fine Street Food
- Sanctuary Herbs of Providence
- Shri Bark
- Sprout & Lentil
- Steere Orchard
- Sweet & Salty Farm
- Ward’s Berry Farm
- Wishing Stone Farm
- Wright’s Dairy Farm
- Zeigler’s Market Garden
|No Food Scarp Collection
Earth Appliance Organics has halted compost pickup until further notice. In the meantime, the Community Compost Depot at Frey Gardens will remain open, and will accept food scraps from members of the Hope Artiste Village drop-off site.
DOUBLE YOUR SNAP!
|This market accepts Cash, Credit, SNAP/EBT, and WIC.
Plus, our Bonus Bucks nutrition incentives program offers a 100% bonus for SNAP/EBT shoppers! That means for every dollar you spend with EBT, you get a FREE dollar in Bonus Bucks to spend on fresh fruits and vegetables at the market!
We strive to make our farmers market customer and vendor experience great each market day. Feel free to tell us what you like about the farmers market so we can keep up the good work, and please let us know if you have any thoughts of suggestions on what we could do to make the market even better. What’s on your mind?
This Season’s Poster
Love this iconic poster? You can buy one at the market this season to support Farm Fresh RI!