We're still prepping 2012 Local Food Fest details. Tickets for the August 7th event will be available for sale by late February 2012. In the meantime here is some information about the most recent Local Food Fest.
A ramble through the flavors of Rhode Island
The benefit for Farm Fresh Rhode Island at Castle Hill
Tuesday, August 2, 2011. An evening celebrating Rhode Island farmers, fishermen and food artisans. Featuring two dozen local farmers and producers, teamed up with chefs from Castle Hill, Newport Restaurant Group and ten more. Plus, local wines, beers, live music, a photo booth and a silent auction.
- 4pm – Preview Hour. Time with chefs and farmers, live cooking, hors d'œuvres, champagne and raw bar.
- 5 to 7pm – Doors open. Live cooking, silent auction and flavorful festivities.
- 8:02pm – Enjoy the sunset.
Open to the public. Ticket sales are capped and we anticipate will sell out. All tickets are online this year. Your ticket is paperless; your name will be on the guestlist. Kids under 12 are free. Tickets include food and a choice of a local wine or beer. Additional drinks can be purchased at the welcome table.
- Allen Farms Westport
- Aquidneck Farms Portsmouth
- Aquidneck Honey Middletown
- Baffoni Poultry Farm Johnston
- Barden Family Orchard Scituate
- Blackbird Farm Smithfield
- Blue Skys Flower Farm Cranston
- Four Town Farm Barrington
- Greenvale Vineyards Portsmouth
- Jonathan Edwards Winery Stonington
- Newport Vineyards Middletown
- Rhody Fresh Dairy Farmers Foster
- Sakonnet Vineyards Little Compton
- Schartner Farms Exeter
- Simmons Farm Middletown
- White Barn Farm Wrentham
- American Mussel Harvesters North Kingstown
- Bomster Scallops Stonington
- Matunuck Oyster Farm Matunuck
- Salt Water Farms North Kingstown
- The Local Catch Narragansett
Producers Participating 2011
- Castle Hill
- Newport Restaurant Group
- Al Forno
- Chez Pascal
- Cook & Brown
- La Laiterie / Farmstead
- Local 121
- New Rivers
- Nick's on Broadway
- Sunnyside Daytime Dining
- Tallulah on Thames
- Vanderbilt Grace
100% Compostable Evening. We are proud that all waste from this year's Local Food Fest will be composted back into RI healthy soils at Earth Care Farm. This is possible thanks to a donation of biodegradable dinnerware by Whole Foods. In addition, all cooking oil at Castle Hill is recycled into biodiesel.